IT-Enabled Business Transformation
CIOs and CTOs have to bridge the gap between IT and business goals. Yet today, business alignment is not enough. What enterprises need is IT-enabled business transformation, as technology is pervasive in virtually every aspect of business. IT Infrastructure functions as the central nervous system for a business transformation effort and plays a vital role in its success.
The need for business transformation may be caused by external changes in the market such as:
- Outdated products or services
- Changing funding or income streams
- New regulations coming into force
- Intensified market competition
Business Transformation Methodology
- Assess current capabilities and shortcomings.
- Set clear objectives and describe the vision for a better future.
- Gain consensus amongst stakeholders that change is necessary.
- Identify the underlying mentalities that must change for the transformation to succeed.
- Understand what the organization is changing from and what needs to be done to bring the vision to life.
- Design the new way of working throughout the organization.
- Test and implement changes.
- Embed the change within the culture, eliminating temptation to revert back to old ways.
The most effective business transformation efforts involve four key actions critical to shifting mentality and behavior:
- Role modeling
- Foster understanding and conviction
- Reinforce changes through formal mechanisms
- Develop staff talent and skills
Business transformation leads to a greater capacity for continuous improvement, as employees gain new skills and become more supportive of innovation and improvement. Our deep experience and thorough approach help clients form successful transformation programs and build cultures of continuous improvement.
DOWNLOAD OUR CHANGE MANAGEMENT IN THE DIGITAL ERA EBOOK