Deliver value efficiently and effectively
Operational Excellence is high on the agenda within organizations today as they aim to reduce labor costs and improve business processes. The increased need for process improvement technology is based on the large percentage of failures in transformation projects, such as an ERP implementation or paperless initiative.
The current global competitive business environment demands that organizations deliver value efficiently and effectively. System installations or upgrades continue to be the preferred methods to drive organizational productivity and service improvement.
Research continues to show significant problems in these types of projects. The most common problems cited include:
- Project cost and time overruns
- Enormous resource commitment, which results in forgoing or delaying other improvement opportunities during implementation
- Lack of process understanding and a sufficient, up-front process definition to enable a supportive system design
- System configuration details are often left to the integrator’s discretion.
- Configuring the business process to accommodate software requirements, when it should be the reverse.